Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Recreational Vehicles Insurance

Automobile insurance does not provide adequate coverage if you are operating a R-V. It does not provide coverage needed when parked in a campground, nor does it provide the coverage needed to pay for the contents and liability for a recreational vehicle used as a temporary dwelling. Recreational Vehicles Insurance is necessary to protect yourself.

The usual concept of a Recreational Vehicle includes the following:

•Bus Conversions – both professionally done and non-professionally done

•Class A Motor homes – built on a specially designed chassis – usually large in footprint

•Class B Motor homes – self-contained van campers – sized to fit in an ordinary parking space – sleeps four

•Class C Motor homes – often with space over the cab – can sleep eight

Some of the coverage needed to cover a recreational vehicle is the same as those for automobiles:

•Liability coverage as required by the state in which you live – pays for your legal liability for bodily injury and property damage that you cause by operating the R-V

•Collision coverage – pays for damage to the R-V from collisions with another vehicle or a non-living object

•Comprehensive coverage – pays for damages not included under collision such as animal impact, explosion or earthquake, fire, malicious mischief and vandalism, falling objects, riot or civil commotion, theft, wind, hail, or water, and glass breakage.

Valuation of the R-V can be subject to actual cash value or total loss replacement coverage. Make this decision in concert with your agent and banker.

If you are planning to live in your R-V, Full-Timer Coverage is desirable. It notifies the company that the vehicle is being used as a residence to avoid policy restrictions. This type of coverage gives the liability and property protection of a homeowner’s policy to the R-V and its premises. If you do not live in the R-V, Vacation Coverage is available to be purchased to give this same homeowners-type coverage.

Be sure to consult your agent about this type of coverage before purchasing it. Agents are trained to assess and give advice on this insurance.